• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Company VISA card Troubles

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

execone

California

How far can they take this?

• COO/stockholder of 125 person, $14 million per year firm.
• Forced to resign on 9-22-03 or be terminated for cause over alleged corporate Visa card abuse. Was threatened with prosecution, jail time, etc. by CEO. I resigned under pressure so that my reputation would not be hurt.
• Traveled extensively (250,000 -300,000 air miles) and used card for all travel and business development. Used card for other employee purchases (corporate) from time to time.
• Total card expenses over 21 months was $157,000- No formal company credit card policy in place.
• Made some personal purchases, but always marked on my monthly statement and made restitution. However, I may have missed several small transactions.
• Being told to go back and mark up 21 months of VISA bills with long descriptions for each transaction, and make restitution for anything questionable. Given to 10-03-03, or else face prosecution.
• Other executives have questionable, shady expenses not questioned, or being asked to detail.

HomeGuru

execone said:
California

How far can they take this?

• COO/stockholder of 125 person, $14 million per year firm.
• Forced to resign on 9-22-03 or be terminated for cause over alleged corporate Visa card abuse. Was threatened with prosecution, jail time, etc. by CEO. I resigned under pressure so that my reputation would not be hurt.
• Traveled extensively (250,000 -300,000 air miles) and used card for all travel and business development. Used card for other employee purchases (corporate) from time to time.
• Total card expenses over 21 months was $157,000- No formal company credit card policy in place.
• Made some personal purchases, but always marked on my monthly statement and made restitution. However, I may have missed several small transactions.
• Being told to go back and mark up 21 months of VISA bills with long descriptions for each transaction, and make restitution for anything questionable. Given to 10-03-03, or else face prosecution.
• Other executives have questionable, shady expenses not questioned, or being asked to detail.
**A: thanks you for writing and good luck on finding a new job.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">