• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Complicated Issue that involved five different parties!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BORGUSX

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Minnesota! Please that note that I apologize if I have this thread posted in the incorrect subforum. Since,my issue is complicated enough that it span just more than the local police officers. In addition,if you guys need more information,please tell me to do so.

I admit that I am a hoarder,but not the complusive type. I only buy things that I need or want as in eating out,well sometimes at my so called parents' house. There is nothing that I want to eat,so I buy some fast food. So,on one day,my so called mother in which we will call her by her first inital which is H. H threw some away some of my foods that I leave out,since I forgot and it was in some of the family's bowls. Well,after I got home,I read note that I should clean all of the bowls that I left out in the living room. So,I got mad at her,since I told what give her the right to throw away my properties. Oh,she told me that she was just cleaning some of the bowls,then I told her that there was no reason to write a note to tell me to go clean them,if you were going to clean some of the bowls. As a result,I went on to smash her bowls onto the ground,since in the past,I repeatledy told her just because I happen to live here right now until I cannot move out it does not mean you can throw anything you want that happen to be not your own property(ies). Eventually,she call my so called father,which we now call him "X". So,she goes to the police station,I assume.

Okay,that this point,so can I sue her for unnecessary distress and for damaged properties? You guys tell me,okay!

Before I knew it,I got a call from a police officer,in which I was not too surprised to get a phone call from. The police officer told me to meet him at the front door or the side door. I told them that I would meet them at the front door. In my mind,I thought oh,I would go meet them at the police station. Before I knew it,I just opened the garage door,I got a police officer with a gun drawn out. A police officer with a K-9 and another police officer. In addition,another police officer and a medic. So,I got arrested in the garage and I was interrogated into the house. Eventually,the police officer that was interrogating me asked me about the knife that I lefted on the couch. I told him that I was threatened to harm myself if H was going to call X. Knowing myself,I knew that if H was going to call X,that she did not care about me enough and would risk it by calling him. In addition,I told the police officer that I never harm myself and I was only trying to prevent H from making this a big scene,since I knew that if she called X,then the police would get involved. Not to mention,I told the police officer that in the past,X and H would physically abuse me in to teach a lesson in the past. The police officer did not seem to care that happened to me. I forgot to tell the police officer that X at one point in early 2009 almost stabbed me with a knife,but I did not called the police on him,since he apologized.

So,did the police needed a search warrant or was there any police misconduct?

Before I knew it,I got send to a psych ward at the Hennepin County Medical Center. I was on a 3 days discharged. Now,since there was a bed issue,I was in the holding unit overnight. Then,I should have been to the unit whre there they have the rational people in it in which they were holding volunteer patients for alcoholism and people that have sucidial thoughts. Since,they did not have a bed for me yet,I was send to the unit where most of the people did not have barely,if any,rational thinking. Sometimes,I felt scared,since a female like me (having rational thoughts) was sexually harassed a few times before the male patient got arrested. I want to state that everybody worked there that asked about my story made me feel like that I am the wrongdoer. In my mind,I would think what rational person in the world would not be mad if you have warn someone to not mess with their property(ies). So,I was suppose to be discharged at 1:25 A.M. and I asked a worker there to see if I can just take a walk and come back,since X was not going to pick me up until 3 or 4 in the afternoon. The worker denied my request and I was just put on a volunteer request status. Later that morning,like 8 or 9,I asked Kari (a mental health worker) to see if I can go to the gym nearby,since I have a membership there and the day before I asked Gloria (another worker,there) if it was alright. She told me that it was alright. Well,I asked Kari if I can leave and come back,but I forgot to tell that Gloria said it was fine. (The day that I asked Kari,Gloria was not at work,today!) As a result of my question,Kari told me along the lines that it wa too late to get a 20 minutes pass. The only thing that the psychatrist think that I might need is a mood stabilizer medication. The thing is that I would have taken if I snapped at H without warning her in the past multiple times not to mess with myself. I know that I cannot get mad at H at every time that she make me mad,since I would be too tired. Well,since the doctor did not order me to take the medication,I did not take anything.

So,can I sue the Hennepin County Medical Center for endangering me with a sexual harasser,since it took them after a good old five or more times of harassing this female in order to them to call the police? Can I sue them for not letting me go after I was officially discharged at 1:25 A.M. and they had no reason to let me stay there besides waiting until someone to pick me up,not to mention that I was lied to about being able to go to the gym?

I had written down some of the patients' phone numbers if I ever need them to testify on my behalf on my mental well-being!

Oh,yeah while I was at the psych ward the local fire department ordered X & H to throw away my properties in which if they did not,they would get kicked out of the city. I find out that the inspection was after I got home from the psych ward,but the fire department insisted that X & H do it before I got home. The only reason why I did not organize my things is that I told H that she made me mad and I was going to stop organizing my things until I move out and take my things with me. So,did the fire department had an legal authority to order X & H throw away my things?

To be honest,I wish that I was someone else,so X & H can physically abused me in order to teach me a lesson in the past. They do not get in trouble. I let X off with pulling a knife on me. Not to mention,when I was little,I was raped in the anus (I am a male),the time that I remembered about it. X & H tell me to try to forget about it,since the guy moved out of state. Eventually,H saw his sister that happen to be in Minnesota told her that the guy died. In the end,have X & H telling me to try to forget about being raped,but do not tell me to try to deal with it. All of this happened to me and I get punished. Yeah,that is life for ya!

tranquility

I'm truly sorry you're having such difficulties now and in the past. I'm glad you are trying to organize your life a little better as that will help you in the future. I honestly don't think you have cause to sue anyone today from what you've written. Even if you could, proving things would be so difficult and stressful that it just wouldn't be a good idea.

Even though the doctors didn't tell you you have to take your medicine, I bet you'll find things are a bit better if you do. Sometimes, medicines of the type you mention take some time to start working. Keep taking it according to the instructions until you see the doctor again because suddenly stopping them can be dangerous. If you think there is a problem in how you are reacting to the medicine, contact the doctor or his nurse early with your concerns and they can guide you.

Many find joining a positive and well-balanced church helps. Church literally means community and they're not just about God. Finding a community of people who care and who will help you find purpose will do wonders for most people's lives. Positive and well-balanced churches should never insist, but assist. One way to find a good one is to ask someone who you respect and like and see where they go. Good luck with your challenges.

BORGUSX

I guess that I have to try,since justice need to be served. By the way,if I went on to snap at someone,then it has to be a good reason. After,you warn someone like more than thirty times,then it would be acceptable to get mad. In addition,I am an agnostic! I want to correct that it was just one doctor. It is weird that you would like me to take some medicine because I got mad at someone messing with my properties. I know for sure that no rational person would not get angry at all if someone else messes with their property(ies)! The person that should take some medicine would be H for not taking my warnings seriously.

I would like to state if nobody has anything to type up that would be in my favor,then not type at all like what tranquility did. I am looking for answers,but not some borderline negative criticism.

Last edited:

Indiana Filer

I guess that I have to try,since justice need to be served. By the way,if I went on to snap at someone,then it has to be a good reason. After,you warn someone like more than thirty times,then it would be acceptable to get mad. In addition,I am an agnostic! I want to correct that it was just one doctor. It is weird that you would like me to take some medicine because I got mad at someone messing with my properties. I know for sure that no rational person would not get angry at all if someone else messes with their property(ies)! The person that should take some medicine would be H for not taking my warnings seriously.

I would like to state if nobody has anything to type up that would be in my favor,then not type at all like what tranquility did. I am looking for answers,but not some borderline negative criticism.
There are issues in your life that need to be addressed. That's very apparant in your posts. Your medication and therapy will help you to deal with those issues. I wish you the best of luck, but you will not get better without putting effort into the process. The first step is to take your medications. The second step is to find someone to talk with.

tranquility

While that is always a possibility, there is just something about the post which rings true and I hope there is not a piling on based on that potential.

Besides, from the post's nature, couldn't the first sentence mean identification not with the sex, but with the rationality of the female?

BORGUSX

I meant that there was a female that happen to be in the unit in which there were irrational patients and we were both rational people that got stuck in there. She mentioned to be that this guy kept on touching her and she kept on reporting him to the workers there. Eventually,after a dozen times or so,the cops came into the unit and arrested the guy. If the psych ward suppose to be a safe place for everybody,then the workers should have got the cops to arrest the guy after the female reported on him the first time.

I do not know why you guys like to tell me that I have some issues in my life. In addition,if you are going to criticize me whether it is positive or negative,you need to tell me the reason why you would think that I have an issue and tell me how would you approach the situation that I was in. Since,any rational person on the world would understand it is socially unacceptable to mess with someone's property(s). Remember,treat other like the way you want to be treated. To be honest,you can steal a penny from me or go break my High Definition Television. I will still want you to pay me back or get punished,since it is the principle is the thing that I would like to hold true to,regardless of material value.

By the way,I am not going to change for nobody. Since,by the end of the day,I know that I am myself. No matter what there will always be people like you,love you,dislike you,or hate you.

Last edited:

CJane

You want to sue the hospital because SOMEONE ELSE was harassed?

How old are you? I ask because until you're 18+, nothing in your parents' house is yours. Everything is theirs. Even AFTER you're 18, only items which you purchased with your own money belong to you.

You destroyed property, tried to evade the police by telling them you'd come out the side door and then leaving the house through the garage. You admitted to the police that you were considering harming yourself with a knife.

You've stated here that you hoard things... and that the house was, essentially, condemned until your "belongings" were removed. What's THAT about?

BORGUSX

Well,regardless of your age,since people can buy things with their own hard-working money. No,the food were mine and not their to begin with. So,yeah,if I knew that the police were going to outside of the house ahead of time,then I would have gone to someone else's place in a different county or I would have try to evade them by going into the backyard. I would also like you to add that even if the food were their to begin with,then they would not the right to get it back. Since,for example,you give someone a gift,then the gift would become legally their. Duh,DJane!

Last edited:

outonbail

OK BORGuSX, you came here for legal advice, not for a discussion on what you believe the law should be.
When you live in your parents house, you must go by their rules. Their house, their rules.
When you have a job, support yourself and pay for your own place to live, then you can make the rules because it will be your home.

Additionally, it is never legal for you to threaten or to actually attack or harm someone you are angry with. It does not matter how many times you warn them, you can not use threats or physical violence to resolve a situation.

If someone has intentionally damaged your property or threatened to harm you or has physically assaulted you, then you call the police and report the assault to them. they will arrest the party if they see that you have been assaulted. You can also take whoever damages your property to civil court and sue for the loss of your property and handle a situation in that manner.

However, when you begin to threaten people and/or actually physically assault them, it is you who will be arrested as you are in the wrong.

This is the law. You don't have to like it, you just have to accept it and obey it or suffer the consequences. There is no need to argue this or receive it as a personal attack against you. I don't know you so there is no reason for me to lie or take sides on any issue.

In your parents home you must do as they say and follow their rules or leave. You can not threaten or harm anyone out of anger and they can not threaten or harm you either.

BORGUSX

outonbail,I admire your rationality,since you seem to be the most mature person,here. I agree tha if you live in someone's home,then you need to follow their rule,but is it throwing away someone's belonging the same as stealing? Since,stealing someone's thing and throwing it away in which you cannot get it back such as your belonging went to the landfill. As a result,these two situation resulted in a loss of your belonging,so why do you need to go civil court if you threw your belonging(s) away,can you just call the police right away and press charge(s)?

Since,you can have a part-ime job for now and buy some things while living at someone's place only until you can pay rent or put a down payment on a house. In addition,I say that I was going to harm myself in order to prevent H from calling X. I never physically harm myself on purpose. It is stupid that X&H can get away with physical abuse on me and get away with it. I need to say that the health care need some reforming as the same as the justice system.

Throwing away food you left out isn't stealing, its more like normal house cleaning. Think of it this way - if you stayed at McDonalds and ate half of it and left it sit, and then came back 3 hours later to find it gone did they steal it or did they simply clean your table as required by health codes?

BORGUSX

Well,a warning should have be issued,since I got home and if I did not forget,then I would have taken care of it. I think that anyone live together should give each other a warning. When I got home,it was already too late. In addition,if I left food at a restaurant,then I know what woud expected. The thing is that the people that I live with unfortunately know that I would like a warning,first. Since,people forget from time to time! It is not like I was not going to do nothing about if it create a problem for other people.

How about if I invited someone to my own home and they threw my food away that I left out. Then,their excuse was that they were cleaning,is there anything I do legally for compensation?

Do you think that I can sue for compensation for the things that I brought that was threw out,when I was unable to be at the house in order to organize my things? For example,I had some game stamps from a BURGER KING promotion,probably between five to ten! I was going to see if I would win anything,but after I got home,they were thrown out. The complicated thing is that I could know if I would have win anything or not. Not to mention if I did win something would it have been a new car or just a burger.

By the way,I would like to state that if I knew that I did something bad. Of course,I should be punished. I would like to state that there are some people in the past that told me that you are misunderstood when it comes to your actions. Well,duh I can see that just from the few replies that I got from here. LIVE AND LET LIVE,PEOPLE!

Last edited:

BORGUSX

I do not know if double posting is allow or not,but I cannot edit my previous post. In addition,I need to bump this thread and get some answers to my previous post that was edited and for this post.

So,if I just said that I feel like killing myself and I didn't leave a knife on the couch in the family room,would I get involuntary commitment from the police?

outonbail

So,if I just said that I feel like killing myself and I didn't leave a knife on the couch in the family room,would I get involuntary commitment from the police?
I would certainly hope so. Threatening suicide is not something to kid around about. If the police have the slightest suspicion that you may be a danger to yourself or others they will have you brought to a psych ward or hospital for an observation period so that trained personnel can evaluate you.
No one wants to brush off such a threat as being a joke or statement made for shock value and then end up being asked why they didn't take someone seriously should they actually carry out their threat.

Do Not tell anyone you want to harm yourself because you want to shock them or see how they respond. It is nothing to joke about and can only make whatever situation you're dealing with or problems you're having get worse.

Additionally, being committed to a psych ward because you are threatening to harm yourself, is not something you want any future employer to learn about in a background check.

Whatever you're going through that would have you stating this to someone, or heaven forbid actually considering such a fruitless act, can be resolved in a much better way. Consider it a test of your maturity. Challenge yourself to deal with a difficult situation in a rewarding, adult manner. Do not allow yourself to lose your cool and make irrational statements or have harmful thoughts. Doing so will never allow you to come out on top in any situation nor control your own destiny.

Keep your mind clear and your head cool and you will get through every situation you face with better results.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">