• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Computer Seized, Booked, Now just waiting...should i even ask for my PC back?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

calatty

They won't give the computer back to you, so no point in asking for it, or the CDs. Your stuff is being held as evidence. Most likely the police have spent the last two months investigating, and they might even take a few months more. The officer was just using an interrogation technique by telling you he is on your side, softening you up to get you to confess to him. I bet there was another cop who was playing the bad cop to his good cop. Once they charge you, if you can't afford an attorney, the court will appoint one for you. Not much an attorney could do for you at this point.

B

Big Bubba

worried18male said:
the detective told me hes on my side and asked ME what i thought should happen to me-
You did the crime with computers so you will not get anything to do with computers back. Getting CDs back would be like if you did a crime with a gun you would not get bullits back even if they were not on the warrent, even if they were only only blanks or empty cases.

Sorry dude, I might not be able to help you too much, because it don't look too good to have disabled dudes in my cell. Makes me look soft. But come see me after chow and I'll hook you up with a bro to protect you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">