• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

confidential informants procedure guidelines

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

strippersara

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? minnesota
when a confidential informant does a controlled buy does there have to be a direct hand to hand transaction made exchanging the drugs for money? an alleged buy was done on me but i never handed the informant anything and the money was sat down on a car seat. also he was wearing a wire but neither of us said anything the whole time please answer asap please please also the statute code i can look up for confidential informants procedure guidelines when making a controlled buy thank you so much for your time

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? minnesota
when a confidential informant does a controlled buy does there have to be a direct hand to hand transaction made exchanging the drugs for money? an alleged buy was done on me but i never handed the informant anything and the money was sat down on a car seat. also he was wearing a wire but neither of us said anything the whole time please answer asap please please also the statute code i can look up for confidential informants procedure guidelines when making a controlled buy thank you so much for your time
No a direct hand to hand transaction does not have to be made in order to be caught exchanging drugs for money. He put the money on the seat and then picked up the drugs and you were the one in the car? If so you are busted. You are a dealer.

CdwJava

This sort of thing is NOT going to be covered under a particular statute. The defense can argue that the informant was lying, or even that the informant dropped his money and no drugs were exchanged. But,there is no statute that governs the management of confidential informants.

And I doubt very much that the state is going to give up or acknowledge the presence of any training manual discussing the management of informants. However, the defense can always seek information from the state on training that is offered in the proper management of informants and find out what the training guidelines say. But, even then, what you describe is not improper or unlawful on its face and will not result in a dismissal. It is what it is, deal with it.

- Carl

dave33

Get a good criminal defense lawyer. If he's good than any scenario they come up with he should come up with one better. goodluck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">