• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

confused about mic and mip

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tool88

What is the name of your state? Texas

I was recently issued a citation, and under violations the cop listed 1. MIP Alcohol and 2. MIC Alcohol. Does this mean that I am being charged with two separate offenses? The reason I am confused is because I have never heard of anyone being given both at the same time.

CourtClerk

If he wrote both statute codes, then it looks like you are being charged with both. It's quite possible by the way to be in possession without consuming (but I guess you can't consume without being in possession). Sounds like the officer was probably just trying to make sure one charge or the other will stick.

tranquility

While it seems like a lesser included offense logically, I wouldn't be suprised if the elements are not even related.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">