• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Consequences for workplace theft (Oregon)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dunny

A friend I know who works as a teacher in oregon at an elementary school committed theft on two occasions,the first being theft of tents with a total value of 2000$ which were sold by him on Craig's list,the second offence being a theft of a apple iPad valued at under 1000$.would like any information on the appropriate charges for those crimes and if they would be more severe than someone who didn't steal from his workplace or from children.Thanks!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
A friend I know who works as a teacher in oregon at an elementary school committed theft on two occasions,the first being theft of tents with a total value of 2000$ which were sold by him on Craig's list,the second offence being a theft of a apple iPad valued at under 1000$.would like any information on the appropriate charges for those crimes and if they would be more severe than someone who didn't steal from his workplace or from children.Thanks!
Ask the police when you report the thefts.

quincy

Here is a link to Oregon's Theft laws: http://www.oregonlaws.org/ors/164.015

You can click your way through the links on the left to see how the various forms of theft can be charged.

justalayman

Thief will be relieved to know there are no charges possible nor any enhancements on any other charges for being stupid. Thief definitely got lucky there.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Thief can definitely count on being fired. And will not be eligible for unemployment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">