• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Conservation tickets

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dwvmnv

Missouri
I was recently given a ticket for "fishing without a permit" (fines are minimum of $114). What really happened is I was sitting at the lake with my husband and 2 young children. As my husband was helping one of the children, he handed me his pole which I put in a holder. Just at that time, a conservation officer came up and asked how the fishing was. My husband said we had just got there. She asked for our licenses, my husband gave her his and I said I don't have one as I do not fish. She then went to the other officer who was training her and they both came back and asked me for further identification. The only thing I had on me was a work badge. About 20 minutes passed by then they came back and asked me to go to their truck. They asked more information then gave me a ticket for fishing w/o a license and told me to call the number listed to pay the fine. I was never told exactly what they think they saw me doing or told I could plead not guilty and go to court. My question is, do you think this will get thrown out of court for being so silly? How would they be able to prove the burden of guilt?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">