• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

continued (the guy falsely accused of kidnapping)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiritfild

What is the name of your state? CA

For some reason the other thread was closed. I wanted to reply.

No, I'm not being facicious, I really don't do those things (OK, one red light).

Two, we got him out of jail, he's got one of the best lawyers around, and both the lawyer and the bailbondsman were very optimistic about it. We've got a lot of support, and even someone who is going to help us fight back, probably very publicly, and sue the city.

The girl in this story (yeah, poor little girl. poor girl - I think poor parents, what a job they did with that one!) had been flirting with guys all evening and asking everyone for a ride home. Everyone thought she was over 21, the bouncer who let her in, the bartender who served her, and the people who talked to her and helped her when she was getting sick.

We've got a lot of people here helping us now, and we want to let them know there at the Police station or wherever that they can't just accuse people of things, throw them in jail for days on end, take their life savings and then at the end of the day just say "oops".

Just want to remind you all that just because the police arrest someone doesn' t mean their guilty. that's all

gawm

spiritfild said:
What is the name of your state? CA

For some reason the other thread was closed. I wanted to reply.

No, I'm not being facicious, I really don't do those things (OK, one red light).

Two, we got him out of jail, he's got one of the best lawyers around, and both the lawyer and the bailbondsman were very optimistic about it. We've got a lot of support, and even someone who is going to help us fight back, probably very publicly, and sue the city.

The girl in this story (yeah, poor little girl. poor girl - I think poor parents, what a job they did with that one!) had been flirting with guys all evening and asking everyone for a ride home. Everyone thought she was over 21, the bouncer who let her in, the bartender who served her, and the people who talked to her and helped her when she was getting sick.

We've got a lot of people here helping us now, and we want to let them know there at the Police station or wherever that they can't just accuse people of things, throw them in jail for days on end, take their life savings and then at the end of the day just say "oops".

Just want to remind you all that just because the police arrest someone doesn' t mean their guilty. that's all
Even if you are right about his innocence, let's say you are. As long as the police had probable cause to arrest him(whether they are wrong or right) you will not be able to sue them successfully. So pretty much they can say "oops".
Also, whether you believe this or not, the police don't want to arrest innocent people. Sometimes innocent people do get caught up in the system, but it is not something the police purposely do. Good luck with your situation and keep us posted.

Last edited:

Kane

Good luck. Let us know how things go, if you get a chance.

Hey - how much did the bail bondsman charge, if you don't mind my asking?

CdwJava

Probable cause is a wonderful thing ... it generally absolves the police of liability in an arrest. And since a judge signed off on the P.C. when they permitted him to stay in jail, unless the officers LIED (i.e. they knowingly wrote a false version of events), then they are going to be untouchable.

Even if charges are never filed or are dropped by the DA this does not imply that there was no PC.

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">