• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

controlling doc officers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

connieharper

What is the name of your state? washington
i have a question my boyfriend and i have been together for 7 years,a year ago the judge put on a 2 year no contact order between us,neither one of us agree with it.but my boy friend got into a fight with a man and got a assault charge,hes now on doc,but they are making him take UAs every week,a curfew 10.00pm to 6.00 am everynite and polygrapging him once a month to make sure hes not lieing about seeing me,hes not on doc due to us so can they legally do this?by the way we live in a small town and know the local sheriffs and doc officers they dont care for my boyfriend to much.

outonbail

connieharper said:
i have a question my boyfriend and i have been together for 7 years,a year ago the judge put on a 2 year no contact order between us,neither one of us agree with it.but my boy friend got into a fight with a man and got a assault charge,hes now on doc,but they are making him take UAs every week,a curfew 10.00pm to 6.00 am everynite and polygrapging him once a month to make sure hes not lieing about seeing me,hes not on doc due to us so can they legally do this?by the way we live in a small town and know the local sheriffs and doc officers they dont care for my boyfriend to much.
What was the reason for the judge issuing a no contact order between you and your boyfriend? Does he slap you around every once in a while?

Because if the courts are forcing him to take weekly drug screens and have issued a no contact order against him, then give him a polygraph test every month so they know whether he's being truthful about not violating that order, then on top of all of that, have even placed a curfew on him to keep him off the streets at night, it doesn't come as any big surprise that the local sheriff "doesn't care for him too much".

However, what I find truly amazing, is that even with all those court restrictions/orders hanging over your boyfriends head, he still manages to find a little free time to commit an assault.

Now, what I find truly puzzling, is that there is such a shortage of men in your area, that you would spend seven years with someone who is obviously angry at the world, has a drug and/or alcohol problem and requires the aid of a polygraph, so you'll know when he's telling you the truth? Not to mention that he can't take you out to say dinner or a movie, between the hours of 10:00 pm and 6:00am

So anyway, I'm getting this feeling, that maybe the judge has issued the no contact order for your protection and to help you escape from a dysfunctional relationship with a psychopath,,,,

So how about you, what do you think?

Waterloofun

connieharper said:
Polygraphs are not admissable in court. They just sway law enforcement towards specific suspects. Ask the relevance of the polygraph and attempt to file charges of harassment in federal court. The curfew is a result of probably being on probation.

Just Blue

connieharper said:

How old are you??...and How old is the boyfriend?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">