• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

cop charged wrong drivers license

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lm21

A cop somewhere in my state pulled over someone for driving while suspended, and the ******* of a cop put my drivers license ID down for some reason, I got mail saying I got a ticket thats how I know this happened, so I scambled and called the police station the cop worked for and this dirtbag knew he messed up after I talked to them, so he said call the court:mad:, I call the court, the court is in newark nj and they don't even care, talked for hours and hours and they said ok we'll handle it, I thought it was all dandy and a month goes by

I wake up this morning these idiots have suspended my drivers license and are trying to put a warrant out for not showing up to a court case I didn't even know about, I don't know whats going on here, I just got my drivers license 2 months ago, its provisional and I have not even been pulled over once and my license was not suspended when this happened, so I called the court and said how can I be driving while suspended when I wasn't suspended, the DMV even confirmed it, they didn't care.

what should I do, I don't know what I should do.

FlyingRon

The first thing you do is cut out the profanity. It is no more welcome here than it would be by the court or the police.

You should have appeared on the original ticket unless you had something in writing saying things had been cleared up. Even the innocent need to show up.

You need to NOT DRIVE and contact the court again. You may have to appear to get this cleaned up. If you can not do so in a civil manner, I recommend you employ a lawyer to act on your behalf.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">