• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

cops refuse to do job

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ely01375

Amherst mass,

I was parked in a cvs parking lot in a space with the engine off. A woman in another vehicle pulled in to the spot on my passenger side. when she opened her door she slammed the mirror of the vehicle I was in. My girlfriend got out and argued with her, the lady walked away swearing at us. We called the police. while on the phone the lady came back out and slammed the door into our door again this time harder and saying "there, now i hit your door!" she then proceeded to get in her car. I was standing behind the womans car, i had been the whole time after she went into CVS. I told the lady we were calling the cops and that i was taking her plate number. The woman then turned on the car and slammed it into me in reverse on purpose, it knocked me back 2-3 feet but i held my balance, the car was standard so it rolled back forward a little and she then floored it and slammed me again. i got out of her way and she floored it out of the spot, she had room to leav! e, but rammed me again in reverse before leaving. When the police arrived he pretty much refused to do anything and told me that i was completely at fault for getting hit and that i should have moved out of the way, that i could be charged the same as if i just ran out onto the highway. We have a witness to all of this, he gave us his business card so my questions are, 1. the cops pretty much refuse to help, the guy told us to get over it, can we at least make that ladies insurance pay to repaint the door? 2. That woman definitely hit me on purpose, especially the second and third time, why is she not in any trouble. To claim self defence she has to prove she had no other means, this was a broad daylight parking lot with tons of people around and i was not at all behaving in any such threating manner, how dare that cop say it was the same as me running into the highway, not to mention i am mentally disabled and have proof of my 4 medications that all slow my reaction time too much to avoid a moving car, i was standing there before she got in her car. Please what can we do, this woman attempted manslaughter on me, and fled the scene, and this cop didn't even care, he wouldn't even call us back with her info, making us believe he just dropped the whole thing, we have a solid non-partial witness to the whole thing.

The cops called my girlfriend back the next day, they said they refuse to give the ladies info to us and that we are to just drop it, the cop that came out also tried to rub the red paint off our white car, trying to destroy our proof, they also told us that the woman could not have intentionally hit out car with her own because she was driving a nicer car than ours and it just didn't make sense to them, so therefore we were liars.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">