• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cops siezed my stuff, i was never charged, what can i do to get my stuff back? ......

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

Notcharged

INDIANA,
I worked as security for a company. An ex-girlfriend after breaking up with her went to the police and gave details of my involvment of letting friends take merchandise from the store. Without any video tape evidence, or any eye-witness accounts, only evidence of me selling merchandise on EBAY (that was also missing from the store $2000 value total) the police came to my house and siezed ALL of my computer equipment, even one that i had hooked up to my TV satellite. They found only 1 item in my home that was also missing from the store $250 value. The search was over 60 days ago. I was not home during the search (my wife was home). They took ALOT of other stuff that was not on the warrant. I have not been charged yet, i refused to talk to the police as recommended by an attorney. Since i have not been charged, can i get my stuff back? How do i go about doing that without an attorney? How long can they hold my stuff without charging me? Thanks,
Notcharged

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">