• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

copy of defendants statement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bswiet

What is the name of your state? pa
sorry this is so long, but...
in june, i pressed charges against someone who assaulted me. the police went to this person's home the same day and questioned him about what happened. he admitted to everything. he was arrested and charged with assault and harassment. the officer called me and told me that he had never heard of anything like this in his 34 years as a cop, and that he was ready to put this guy under the jail. he said he would testify about how upset i was at the police station. however at the hearing a week later, the officer comes in, says nothing to me, goes over to the defendant and shakes his hand and pats him on the shoulder. the d.a. asked the officer why this wasnt indecent assault. the officer whispered something in his ear. the guy ended being charged with harassment only. now i need a copy of the police report and the defendants statement. police tell me i need an attorney to subpoena and i cant have a copy of his statement. also called court for transcript of hearing, but they won't release it. my question is , is there a law saying that they cant release his statement or the court transcript?

Son of Slam

bswiet said:
What is the name of your state? pa
sorry this is so long, but...
in june, i pressed charges against someone who assaulted me. the police went to this person's home the same day and questioned him about what happened. he admitted to everything. he was arrested and charged with assault and harassment. the officer called me and told me that he had never heard of anything like this in his 34 years as a cop, and that he was ready to put this guy under the jail. he said he would testify about how upset i was at the police station. however at the hearing a week later, the officer comes in, says nothing to me, goes over to the defendant and shakes his hand and pats him on the shoulder. the d.a. asked the officer why this wasnt indecent assault. the officer whispered something in his ear. the guy ended being charged with harassment only. now i need a copy of the police report and the defendants statement. police tell me i need an attorney to subpoena and i cant have a copy of his statement. also called court for transcript of hearing, but they won't release it. my question is , is there a law saying that they cant release his statement or the court transcript?

They don't want to, so either get a lawyer or forget about it. It seems like you've been harassing everyone enough, trying to get something for nothing, and they are getting tired of it. The gas company had to hire you but they don't have to pay you large amounts just because you say a costumer touched you. Suck it up and work for a living like the other people at the gas company have to do.

B

bswiet

for your information

first of all, i will assume you're saying that they had to hire me to fulfill their quotas. i was hired because i scored the highest on the test out of all 162 people who took the test. second of all, i was never seeking large somes of money. i wanted them to pay for me to get help. i only mentioned suing them after two months of them trying to talk me out of filing for worker's comp and telling me that they had to watch their premiums. third, if you've never been through it, you shouldn't speak on it. but as a guy, you'll never get it. the person that did this will do it again. i just feel sorrow for the next person. thank you for your response

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">