• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Correct info- What is "unlawful theft"?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

misschaos

What is the name of your state? Maine

Alright now! Ok if someone would be so kind as to tell me what unlawful theft actually is, I think it falls under identity theft but i'm not sure. Please tell me if it's a felony or a misdemeanor also. So the only info I have about the charge is that there is a warrant for unlawful theft. Some please explain this to me. Thanx :p

The Occultist

If you steal something, it's unlawful.

Really, it would be more helpful if you could provide the code(s) for whatever you're being charged with.

If I weren't lazy, I would go to Google and type in: maine unlawful theft
Perhaps you are not so lazy; give it a try.

FlyingRon

The Maine Criminal Code lists nine kinds of theft: by unauthorized taking or transfer, by deception, by extortion, of lost, mislaid, or mitakenliy delivered property, of services, by misapplication of property, receiving stolen property, and unauthorized use of property.

I've never heard unlawful theft used. Theft is pretty much by definition unlawful. Now, the code does use the phrase UNLAWFUL TAKING which is pretty much the definition of theft.

Just what exact context are we talking about here?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">