• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

corrupt in tennessee

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vcpirate99

What is the name of your state?TN

:mad:

i would like someonewho has any knowledge of court proceedings to help me out if at all possible. i was in court for an arraignment. i was arrested for shooting in self defense a bb gun at my roommate who was threatening to do harm to myself and my fiance. well, during the arraignment, the judge never offered me nor did he ask me if i needed or wanted a public defender. he actually, told me i had to defend myself. now, in the case before me in the same courtroom, the judge asked the defendant if he was working because he had asked for a public defender. when the defendant said that he wasnt working the judge told him since he wasnt supporting the city in taxes from wages he couldnt assign him a public defender. so when all was said and done, i got stuck defending myself in a criminal case. when the trial came about a week later, the questions that i had lined up to ask that i thought to be relevant to the case, the judge would not let me ask ANY questions at all. i got stuck with probation with a possibility if the judge felt like it, a year in jail. i was never informed that i only had 10 days to appeal the ruling. and after many attempts to contact the courthouse and the DA, i got nowhere because no one would talk to me without a lawyer. the whole point that i was trying to make is that i didnt have the money to hire a lawyer in the first place. now i am stuck with supervised probation which cuts into my job one day a week making it hard to make ends meet. granted what i did was hurtfull to my roommate, but it was done in self defense, but i was not able to bring that out and the judge in my mind was and is corrupt. is there anyone out there that can tell me my options that i have now? i was told by one lawyer "ambulance chaser", that if i tried to do anything against the ruling now, that the judge could take me out of probation and send me to jail for a longer period of time. if anyone could help, that would be great, thanks.

JUSTICE4none1

AM LIVING IN MD BUT ORIGINALLY FROM TENNESSEE

I think you were railroaded by that judge, first of all you have the right to a lawyer, in your case you couldn't afford it therfore the state SHOULD have provided one for you. You won't find a lawyer within your city ( which sounds like either knoxville or maybe even maryville tn) to take the case and appeal it for you. Sounds to me that you didn't go to trail but instead made a plea agreement. If you want this off your record and haven't any other things on your record before this case you can get it taken off but only after you are off probation for a few years. My advice to you is to just do the probation because the alternative is getting a lawyer out of the city to appeal the judges ruling which in the longrun will cost you more time and money than you probably can afford. The law in Tennessee is CORRUPT and the little guy really doesn't have a voice there. There really isn't much you can do at this point except try to not violate your probation because if you do YOU WILL BE ARRESTED AND JAILED

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">