• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

cost of a crime

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Cybertweak

State of Florida

When law enforcement comes into your home and searches it no care is taken by them with any of your belongings or property. There were many things broken as they trashed everything walking on it as they did. They also cut the locks off of the few buildings we have for storage on our property and did the same with everything in them. They arrested both my husband and myself (the only time either have been in any trouble) taking us to jail while they were doing all this. When they were finished they left without even closing a door to our home or other buildings leaving everything we owned open house for anyone who wanted to to take. We lost most of what we had that was worth anything because of this. We had to pay to have a bond posted just so my husband could get out of jail in the amount of $5000, and that left us totally broke to go along with all the losses of our belongings. A year later after stubbornly refusing to take a deal for something we were not guilty of they dropped all charges. They did alot of damage, cost us much loss, and cost us all the cash we had. It seems so wrong that they can hurt the innocent in the name of trying to protect. Is there anything that can be done to try and get some of the bond money or anything back since we were innocent and they had to drop the charges? There is no way we will ever be able to recover everything from all the damage and loss that was done to us, we don't have the means to do more than just take it one day at a time and try and get used to not having what we once did and most of probley won't get again. It seems to me the law enforcement get away with commiting crimes and gets to justify it.
Thanks for taking time to read my post and for any replies that are posted.
Cybertweak

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">