• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

This could fall under a number of things..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

roserob

What is the name of your state? Ohio.

So I have had numerous family problems in the past year and a half including the death of my sister and the resulting depression and suicidal tendencies of my step mother. So all of my friends had gone to college already, and I was pretty much at home alone with nothing to do so I did what I often liek to do and sat by a lake nearmy friends house and looked at the stars by myself.

About 10 minutes after I sat lying there, a police officer flashes a flashlight in my eyes and says hello there and begins asking me what I'm doing..he asks me to stand up and without asking me he starts looking through my pockets..and the thing is that right before I left my friend had given me an organ donor card he purchased offline saying that I could use it to get into bars etc. at college..I didn't really think it would work and I thought it was a dumb idea because it looks ABSOLUTELY nothing like the state it was from, and nowhere on the card does it say its a drivers liscense, it just says 'organ donor' and the state it was from..

anyways the cop keeps asking me questions and asks why I'm there, and I told him what I've gone through and what I'm going throughwith not having anyone be there for me, and the offficers partner who had arrived there starts being a (sorry I don't have any other word to describe it) dick to me. Keep in mind I was 100% sober at this time, I knew it wasn't a good idea but I'm not the type of person that lets someone just outright treat me or my family the way he did, and I said to his partner in a nice, pleaful, sincere voice, "Sir, the things your officer just said to me are the reasons that alot of people just do not like the police." (Looking back on it now I never would have said that but It's such a sensitive subject at the time I couldn't not have said it..you'll see that there were events that followed that made my friend have to call into the police station, and when he did the cop told him that he would have charged me with a single thign if it wasn't for that comment.)

But right after I said that the officer handcuffed me and walked me to his policecar wwhich was parked 2000 ft. away at least and drover me to where my car was parked..he then gave me a breathalyzer and a drug sobriety test saying that, "I want to make sure that when we let you go here you're going to be allright to drive." So I complied, and obviously passed both tests, but the officer closes the door and comes back five minutes later and begins reading me my rights. I asked him why he was reading me my rights if he just said he was about to let me go and he said that they wanted to look in my car and then I would be able to. So again I let them because I thought there was nothing in there..

They searched the whole car and found a single empty beer car which had no alcohol in it because it had been under my seat for at least a month, and they also found an actual state ID of my brothers friends sand charged me with 'receiving stolen property'.

So all in all they ended up charging me with recieving stolen property, forgery (non fraudulent), criminal trespassing, disorderly conduct (because they said the reason they were there is because they were looking for ding dong ditchers in the neighborhood, and an 18 year old male lying by himself looks like the typical ding dong ditcher, I guess.) Open container (again there was no alcohol in it, no way. I was told that I should say I was just collecting cans, cause there were others cans in the car as well).

also, it may sound like I'm exaggerating some of the things in this post but I am 100% not..why would I? I just have no idea what to do at this point

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">