• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Couldn't pay fine for misdemeanor. Now what?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

simoriah

Got popped for 'no proof of drivers license' in Michigan. Went in front of a judge who ordered I pay a fine and had my license suspended for a month. This cost me my job so I couldn't pay the fine.

Now, I've got a postcard stating the fine amount, a $500 bond, and lots of other "may or may not" and "up to and/or including" type language on it.

I've got cash in-hand to pay the fine, now. If I pay the fine, what happens next? Do I just pay the fine and move on? Am I looking at jail time? I'm kind of terrified about what I've got ahead of me, now.

Got popped for 'no proof of drivers license' in Michigan. Went in front of a judge who ordered I pay a fine and had my license suspended for a month. This cost me my job so I couldn't pay the fine.

Now, I've got a postcard stating the fine amount, a $500 bond, and lots of other "may or may not" and "up to and/or including" type language on it.

I've got cash in-hand to pay the fine, now. If I pay the fine, what happens next? Do I just pay the fine and move on? Am I looking at jail time? I'm kind of terrified about what I've got ahead of me, now.
pay the fine, what is the big deal?

OHRoadwarrior

If you go to court with a reasonable explanation and payment, not much is likely to happen. If you do not, you in a heap a trouble boy!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">