• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

In which countries do you get paid legal counsel for police interrogation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

maximuscosmo

I'm doing research on my own behalf, (I'm a citizen of european country)
- Does an arrested person have right to a free government appointed attorney/defense lawyer during interrogation and court hearing? In many European countries police does not provide an attorney and the case is ended/solved by prosecutor who assignes punishment and makes entry into criminal record.
,so, In which legal systems does a person get a free attorney during police interrogation and court hearings?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
- Does an arrested person have right to a free government appointed attorney/defense lawyer during interrogation and court hearing? In many European countries police does not provide an attorney and the case is ended/solved by prosecutor who assignes punishment and makes entry into criminal record.
,so, In which legal systems does a person get a free attorney during police interrogation and court hearings?
Sorry, this forum is for US law only. Also, you will need to do your own research.

Silverplum

We only do USA law here; and in the USA, if one cannot afford an attorney for a criminal case, one will be appointed an attorney.

Good luck. :)

Alex1176

As far as I know, Russia, Ukraine, Israel give free attorney to people who cannot pay for one. In Israel you can get a free military law attorney if you are a soldier in the military, during your mandatory service.

quincy

... so, In which legal systems does a person get a free attorney during police interrogation and court hearings?
Well, maximuscosmo, you now have been provided the answer for 4 countries.

Only (depending on who is doing the counting) 192 countries to go. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">