• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Court failed to serve summons

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Restricted

(Florida)
I have a court date set for 4 days from now. I checked the online docket and it says they havent issued a summons yet. By law am I liable if i do not show up for court?

Its just out of sheer boredom that I looked up the docket online. If it wasn't for that, I still wouldn't have known about it.

Thanks for your help

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
(Florida)
I have a court date set for 4 days from now. I checked the online docket and it says they havent issued a summons yet. By law am I liable if i do not show up for court?

Its just out of sheer boredom that I looked up the docket online. If it wasn't for that, I still wouldn't have known about it.

Thanks for your help
I'd show up...

Restricted

Yeah, thats good advice but my case is in Tampa (about 2-3 hours away). I have very little money for gas and no transportation. So if I could keep from haggling my friend to take a day off of work to bring me to court on such short notice it would be great.

I am in no way trying to flee the court, just dont think its right to schedule a court date and send no summons while I scramble at the last minute to figure out what the hell im gonna do.

Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">