• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Court order to Destroy GCIC fingerprint cards

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

missionbeach

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

I was arrested in 1998 for obstruction of a law enforcement officer in Fulton county. The case was dismissed(NOD). I received the form to get my records expunged. I spoke with the arresting agency and they said my fingerprint cards and photographs will be destroyed. However the GCIC/GBI said they will only seal but not destroy my record/fingerprint card/photographs unless I get a separate court order. My question is: What is the procedure and forms to fill out to obtain a court order to get my fingerprint cards and photographs destroyed with the GCIC? I live in California and was visiting Georgia at the time of the arrest. Is there a way to do this by mail?

Thanks in advance!

missionbeach

Doing so is a mute point. The Feds already have them in a national database.
I talked to the FBI and they said that if the Georgia Bureau of investigation destroys my record then they will do the same. It depends on the laws of each state. The local agency will notify the FBI automatically and notify them that they detroyed my record.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">