• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Court Reporters CANNOT own Court Transcripts Under Copyright by NOLO Press.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingRon

Why do you keep creating threads on your silly misinterpretation of the law? WHat makes you think that copyright is the issue here? Just because a work doesn't qualify for copyright protection doesn't mean people are obligated to make you copies for free.

You want the transcripts you're going to have to pay for them or get a more compelling argument.

CdwJava

Why do you keep creating threads on your silly misinterpretation of the law? WHat makes you think that copyright is the issue here? Just because a work doesn't qualify for copyright protection doesn't mean people are obligated to make you copies for free.

You want the transcripts you're going to have to pay for them or get a more compelling argument.
I think he wants to post the transcript on the internet and that is why the ownership and copyright issue comes into play.

- Carl

justalayman

Ron, I believe he already has a copy of the transcripts, if I recall correctly.

the simple thing to do then, goldy, is simply publish the transcript and fight the ensuing suit with your proof. Arguing whether it is a violation or not is useless. It is whether you win or lose in court that will make the determination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">