• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Court resets....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mjflores78

I am in Texas.....my husband is the defendant in a criminal case.....each time he has a court date it always gets reset....and the resets are always like 3 months apart.....my husband is always given a reset form which he has to sign....My question is what if my husband doesn't agree with the reset date....can he refuse to sign? and if so what happens then?

mjflores78

he is charged with assault.....it always gets reset for different reasons....mainly its the prosecution who resets saying they need more time to investigate evidence just things like that

dave33

Consult his attorney, ask him to object to any more continuences. Refusing to sign a document will not accomplish anything.

CavemanLawyer

The defense can set the case for trial at any time. From there, the trial setting can only be reset by the judge. So if his attorney is ready for trial, then have him/her set it for trial.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">