• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Court Trial help plz

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

itzdoja

What is the name of your state? minnesota
*sorry about spelling* :)

I just went to court for a petty misdomenor possesion of a small amount of marijauna i guess i dont have the right to a public defender or a jury trial. my next date is a court trial. i believe that i was searched illeagaly so what do i have to do next ive read about motion to supress do i need to do this or do i just have to explain my story to a judge i have 2 witnesses that were with me can someone point me in the right direction

racer72

You are asking to learn law on a message board. It takes most folks 4 years of law school. You need a lot more information that could be given on this board, you need to talk to a local attorney.

I

itzdoja

the atty that i talked to wanted $1200 thats too much to beat a $115 fine i know i was searched illeagaly how do i go about trying to get the evidence thrown out ?

racer72

I told you. This forum is not the place to school someone on the fine points of law. Your choice, spend $1200 or pay the fine.

C

condaggitt

Interesting theory:

Pay a lawyer $1200 and see if you can get deferred probation, and then expunged, and it will not be on your record , or pay the $115 and you could be rejected from many jobs because a background check will have a conviction there for simple possession.

sounds like that old FRAM oil change commercial, you can pay me now or you can pay me a whole lot more later!

Son of Slam

itzdoja said:
ive read about motion to supress ....i have 2 witnesses ...

Get to the law library and read everything you can find that pertains to your case. Defend yourself. Ask the DA for discovery, and let him know his case against you is a joke and he's a twit for wasting the tax payers money on such a week POS. After he realizes you are not going to lie down, you will get to hear him say something to the affect of, "I'm going to drop this. Not because I know you are innocent, I couldn't care less about that, but because I know I can't beat you." Oh happy day!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">