• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cousin Arrested

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kefka

Long story
My cousins son suffers from extreme adhd to where he is declared mentally disabled. Lsst week at school they started talking about drugs to all kids. His son came home asking questions. My cousin answered the best he could. The next day his son told the teachers something that made them call cps. Three cops took his son out of class and interogated him to the point he started freaking out. They threatened him and said they was going to take him from his mom and dad. Hours later the same cops and cps busted into my cousins house searching thru everything screaming yelling and stating he was using drugs in front of his kids. They had no warrent. No maranda right were given. They found an old wooden tobacco pipe his grandfather gave him before he died and declared it was paraphernalia and then charged him for it and pocession because of the black residue inside it as well. They also charged him saying he was trying to smoke with his son. A class D felony
My cousin has never did such a thing and has never been in trouble with the law before.
Ive been told that since his son is declared disabled that whatever he said to the teachers cps cops is not admissable in court because his inability to understand because of his mental illness. Is this true?
All the evidence they have is what his son told them. His son said he was scared to death and still doesnt understand what is going on.
Any advise? Thanks. Id hate to see my cousins family fall apart because his son doesnt understand and the cops and cps are witch hunting.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">