• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Credit Card Fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jkalex05

What is the name of your state? Texas

I just want some feedback on what I should do and what will probably happen.

Situation:
This weekend my father gave me his credit card to get some food so I decided to get out $40 to have some cash for myself, usually my dad doesnt mind if I get out a little extra. Later that night he told me get $100 for yourself and have a good night. I decided to skim a bit more and took $120. The next day he asked if I got out the 100 and I said no I only got out 40 didnt wanna break all of it at once. Today I told him I got out the extra money and he freaked, says that he didnt tell me to get that money when he repeadidly did.

He says he is going to get paperwork proving i took stole the money and some other charges where I supposedly "stole" money aswell and is going to call the police saying I fraudently used his credit card.

What should I expect?

Last edited:

seniorjudge

jkalex05 said:
What is your state? Texas

Situation:
This weekend my father gave me his credit card to get some food so I decided to get out $40 to have some cash for myself, usually my dad doesnt mind if I get out a little extra. Later that night he told me get $100 for yourself and have a good night. I decided to skim a bit more and took $120. The next day he asked if I got out the 100 and I said no I only got out 40 didnt wanna break all of it at once. Today I told him I got out the extra money and he freaked, says that he didnt tell me to get that money when he repeadidly did.

He says he is going to get paperwork proving i took stole the money and some other charges where I supposedly "stole" money aswell and is going to call the police saying I fraudently used his credit card.

What should I expect?What is the name of your state?
Q: What should I expect?

A: To never see that credit card again.

jkalex05

well this is the 5th or so credit card. i seem to have a trouble with online internet spending. its a problem.

seniorjudge

jkalex05 said:
well this is the 5th or so credit card. i seem to have a trouble with online internet spending. its a problem.
I wouldn't know about that. I pay cash for everything and spend less than I make.

You should try that for the next 60 or 70 years.

You would be amazed at how much money you will have!

outonbail

jkalex05 said:
What is the name of your state? Texas

Situation:

What should I expect?
I'm not sure what you should expect, but your dad should expect you to get yourself a freekin JOB! This way you won't have to be such a burden on your father since you'll have this thing called a "Pay Check" at the end of the week which you can redeem for cold hard cash! Yes, that's right, you can earn YOUR OWN MONEY!!!

Then you can even toss dear old dad a hundred every so often, just to make it up to him for turning out to be such a disappointment when he trusted you with his money!

Now wouldn't that be the right thing to do?

Then, even if you don't have any credit, you could obtain yourself one of those pre-paid credit cards so you can still feed your addictive craving to purchase Batman lunch boxes, Alf alarm clocks, Pez dispensers and other worthless junk over the internet!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">