• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

credit card fraud online

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

maxwell86

What is the name of your state?
SC
I am conducting an investigation of the mother of my infant son. I am taking her to court for custody.
I discovered that she just charged $700 to Amazon.com without my consent. She had the items shipped to her home in my infant son's name. I had started legal action in family court to get custody so we have not been in contact for weeks. She may have obtained the Visa # from a delivery to her house when i ordered things for our baby.

The local Sheriff (whose county the file was transferred to) says i may not be a victim anymore as my bank covers me, but Amazon wants to prosecute but Sheriff says they have to then send someone out to the trial. Another Detective in my county said i am still a victim of identity fraud even though i am not out money. Can i then push the Sheriff to issue a warrant for that also?

This woman knows how to work the system Even if she is convicted its only a misdemeaner with a small fine and resitution to Amazon.

Thx

T

Theodore Bundy

Considering it was your credit card that was used without consent you would still be a victim of fraud. Getting a chargeback from your bank is not always guaranteed but it sounds like your bank will issue the chargeback. In the end Amazon will be the one losing the money but you have still been hassled and had your credit card funds tied up in a fraudulent transaction. Amazon may be willing to send someone to the trial to testify. Most large businesses have a staff of lawyers to do this sort of thing. I know Amazon has gone after people for fraud in the past.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">