• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Criminal Background Check

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

easygoinglady

What is the name of your state? GA
Hello,
I was arrested in early 2004, and entered into a Pre-Trial intervention program in the state of SC. I have paid the fees and was told from the program that it would be expunged from my record in the next month. I now live in GA and am wondering if a background check is pulled, will my arrest show up. I was never convicted, because I was a first time offender and agreed to pay restitution and I also performed community service.

Heather2

easygoinglady said:
What is the name of your state? GA
Hello,
I was arrested in early 2004, and entered into a Pre-Trial intervention program in the state of SC. I have paid the fees and was told from the program that it would be expunged from my record in the next month. I now live in GA and am wondering if a background check is pulled, will my arrest show up. I was never convicted, because I was a first time offender and agreed to pay restitution and I also performed community service.
The arrest will always show up.

easygoinglady

Actually you are incorrect. I spoke with a clerk of court a few days after posting on this site and she stated that an expungement comletely removes any records under my name and social.It will not sho up as an arrest.

Heather2

easygoinglady said:
Actually you are incorrect. I spoke with a clerk of court a few days after posting on this site and she stated that an expungement comletely removes any records under my name and social.It will not sho up as an arrest.
My bad......
Everyone on here has told me the arrest will always show up. Obviously I believe a court clerk over the folks on here.

CO19

easygoinglady said:
Just make sure that you double-check the court file to be sure expungement was recorded and Clerk updated with SLED to be sure not in the state criminal repository.

DRTDEVL

Depends on who's doing the background chack, and what level of access they have.

EX: Try joining the military. They take your fingerprints, and send them to the FBI. The FBI sends them your RAP sheet showing the date and charge you were arrested for. Busted. Doesn't matter the outcome, you WERE arrested, and that will never disappear. You might get it sealed/expunged from the COURT'S records, but go to the arresting agency... They have it on file still.

easygoinglady

Thanks for the advice. I spoke with the clerk again after reading these posts and was told that i will have to come to the court and sign the expungement papers and then mail them to SLED. They stated that SLED removes the information from the state database within a few days, I think she says that it takes 2 days for a clear record to show up. The arrests will also be removed since I was not arrested for a felony.

I really like this site, keep up the good work.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">