• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Criminal Damage in the 2nd Degree

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

IIKeRsEyII

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

Me and a few others recently got caught egging cars and it is considered a felony. The arresting officer said that he was doing me a favor since I was cooperative and dropping it to a misdemeanor. But when I looked up the charge it said it was a felony, so is the charge going to be a misdemeanor in court or will it be a felony. And if I pay for the persons car before my court date and they drop charges what would happen? I am 17 by the way.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

Me and a few others recently got caught egging cars and it is considered a felony. The arresting officer said that he was doing me a favor since I was cooperative and dropping it to a misdemeanor. But when I looked up the charge it said it was a felony, so is the charge going to be a misdemeanor in court or will it be a felony. And if I pay for the persons car before my court date and they drop charges what would happen? I am 17 by the way.
It is not up to the police. The prosecutor can decide to allow it be a misdeanor if you take a plea. If they drop the charges, they drop the charges.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">