• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Criminal Damage of Property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tru2blu

I was arrested in Kansas for criminal daage of property. It occured in a Waffle House, i was workin at the time and i got in an argument with the manager. I ended up throwing a cup on the ground and breaking it. I missed court and was picked up on my bench warrent. I had a $500 bail and i got a bondsman and got out for $160. The following day I went to court and they told me to get a lawyer and come back in 2 months. So my question is, if i take this case to trial can i beat this charge because since i missed court so long ago, the wintnesses will most likely not show? The judge told me that there is a possible jail sentence if i was found guilty of this crime, how long would the sentence be?

Thank You,
Career Criminal

Nickj119

tru2blu,

I highly doubt you are going to be able to beat this sentance. You missed a court date. That is one of the worst things to do. You want to prove yourself responsible? Good luck after that mishap.

I believe the witnesses will most likely be subpeonaed to court for the trial, if you take it that far.

I forsee you paying restitution, anger management classes, and possibly probation/community service. Depending on how strict the judge is.

outonbail

Why do I have a hard time believing that the waffle house is making such an issue over a broken coffee cup, that it has resulted in the DA filing criminal charges on you, the judge issuing warrants and you becoming friends with a bail bond company? Did you bounce that cup off the managers head before it struck the floor?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">