• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Criminal Record

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jimmy Johnson

What is the name of your state? Missouri

I was arrested and issued a citation for a misdemeanor and charges were never filed. However when I had a background check done the arrest showed up as a mark on my criminal record.

1) Why is it showing that I have a criminal record if I have never been charged with anything?

2) How can I get it expunged?What is the name of your state?

BL

What is the name of your state? Missouri

I was arrested and issued a citation for a misdemeanor and charges were never filed. However when I had a background check done the arrest showed up as a mark on my criminal record.

1) Why is it showing that I have a criminal record if I have never been charged with anything?

2) How can I get it expunged?What is the name of your state?
Perhaps you failed to show for your citation .

Jimmy Johnson

Hmm.

My lawyer told me to not show up for the court date on the citation because there was in fact nothing even scheduled. She told me that there were no charges according to the prosecuting attorney and there would be no charges.

You're saying that not showing up for the court date on my citation regardless of whether or not there were charges will cause you to have a criminal record?

Jimmy Johnson

Why on earth would my lawyer tell me not to go if they knew it was going to result in a warrant being out for my arrest?

Secondly, my criminal record said nothing about failure to appear, only that I had been arrested for a misdemeanor.

>Charlotte<

Lurker
Just a guess, but it's saying you were arrested and you were arrested. You say charges were never filed, so there apparently wasn't a conviction, but that's not what the background check states--just that you were arrested, which you were.

mike_lee

Who here, I wonder, has never been arrested?

My scariest close-call was in Japan the airport security took an interest in me (I was late and all sweaty from running and nervous about missing my flight out of Narita) I had nothing illegal but they can and will arrest you if you look guilty they can detain you for 28 days without seeing a judge or an attorney.

It's probably already expunged but a private company entered it in a database when you were first arrested and there it shall stay forever (or untill a law is passed)

Just Blue

Who here, I wonder, has never been arrested?

My scariest close-call was in Japan the airport security took an interest in me (I was late and all sweaty from running and nervous about missing my flight out of Narita) I had nothing illegal but they can and will arrest you if you look guilty they can detain you for 28 days without seeing a judge or an attorney.

It's probably already expunged but a private company entered it in a database when you were first arrested and there it shall stay forever (or untill a law is passed)
Strange as it might seem to you Mike...LOTS and LOTS of people go their entire lives without be arrested!! Odd, I know...but true!:rolleyes:

I, for one, have never been arrested.

mike_lee

Strange as it might seem to you Mike...LOTS and LOTS of people go their entire lives without be arrested!! Odd, I know...but true!:rolleyes:

I, for one, have never been arrested.
OK Ms Smugness have you ever done anything you COULD have been arrested for? :) (-:

What part of Massachusetts do you live in? Everyone is routinely arrested in MA. I've literally been standing on my own street with friends when a paddy wagon came through and loaded us all in for being a gang, like we're the tong or something.

Just Blue

OK Ms Smugness have you ever done anything you COULD have been arrested for? :) (-:

What part of Massachusetts do you live in? Everyone is routinely arrested in MA. I've literally been standing on my own street with friends when a paddy wagon came through and loaded us all in for being a gang, like we're the tong or something.
No. Never done a thing to get arrested. NEVER. Must have gotten lucky and avoided the "paddy wagon" round up's.....:p

Shay-Pari'e

Funny, I nor my husband has never ben arrested. I may speed a little, gowing with the flow, but not one ticket either.

Gee Bay, are we the minority here?

PS. Why was this even brought up on this thread, it had nothing to do with the OP's question.:confused:

CourtClerk

Speaking of being in the minority....

I have never been arrested either... and I am the minority!!!!:D

Bay, last I talked to you, you didn't mention that everyone in MA is routinely arrested in MA. Tell the truth, was I talking to you from the jail house????:eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">