• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

criminal records -rape

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ohno

What is the name of your state? IL

a year ago i was accused of rape, (sexual assault). the police brought me in for questioning and after i told them my story and the fact that my accuser agreed with what i had to say charges were never pressed. from what i was led to believe they basically told the girl she didnt have a case(because what occured was so obviously not rape) and more or less urged her to not press charges. they let me go but told me that she had three years to change her mind. (which im not sure is correct considering i was doing some research today and notice that the statute of limitations in IL is now raised to 10 years).

i am starting a new job in 2 weeks and was asked to provide fingerprints for the background check to join this national assosciation. i cant remember whether or not i was fingerprinted when I was in police custody. regardless i want to know: will this show up on my background check? how can i find out? should i have told my future employer about this when he asked if i have been in trouble with the law before? thanks for any help.

Happy Trails

ohno said:
What is the name of your state? IL

a year ago i was accused of rape, (sexual assault). the police brought me in for questioning and after i told them my story and the fact that my accuser agreed with what i had to say charges were never pressed. from what i was led to believe they basically told the girl she didnt have a case(because what occured was so obviously not rape) and more or less urged her to not press charges. they let me go but told me that she had three years to change her mind. (which im not sure is correct considering i was doing some research today and notice that the statute of limitations in IL is now raised to 10 years).

i am starting a new job in 2 weeks and was asked to provide fingerprints for the background check to join this national assosciation. i cant remember whether or not i was fingerprinted when I was in police custody. regardless i want to know: will this show up on my background check? how can i find out? should i have told my future employer about this when he asked if i have been in trouble with the law before? thanks for any help.
You were brought in for questioning and not charged, so they didn't fingerprint you etc...

ohno

i still have the detectives card, do you think he would answer questions pertaining to this? do they fingerprint without mugshots? i know i didnt have mugshots taken but i was made to sign some papers i think they were miranda rights. i have a tough time remembering because they took me in within hours of the incident that took place on new years eve (aka i was pretty hungover).

Last edited:

fairisfair

as long as you answered the questions honestly, you shouldn't have anything to worry about . Based on your post, have you ever been arrested, yes, charged no, convicted no. The fact of whether or not you have ever been fingerprinted doesn't matter. You may be asked to provide paperwork showing the disposition of the case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">