• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Criminal trespassing charge ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

xPolishMaNx

State is PA,

I live near Peters Creek Ponds. I have been fishing in this are for over 3 years, and previously have camped out at this location. Well me and a friend were out fishing on night and the cop pulled in right behind us and told us to leave saying that we were trespassing. There are absolutly NO signs anywhere near this area, and this was the 1st time we wever had any trouble.

Well we figured the cop was just in a bad mood, I've been back to fish several more times with no problems and other people come and fish and swim as well... No problem.

Then a few nights ago, I was out fishing for a few hours, went home to get more bread / worms. Came back started to fish no longer than 10 minutes and here comes a car, it was the same cop, this time he gave me and my friend a citation.

I've have game comission officers come up to me, ask for my fishing lic. and said good luck fishing, and even had other cops drive past wave, and leave.

I went out the next day and took 25 pictures showing there are no posted signs. What should I do about this ? should i get a lawyer or just go Not guilty and try it my self. ?

xPolishMaNx

yes, its open to public, no signs... infact there is a little metal grate bridge your cross, and right before it, there is a PA tri-angler fishing sign posted. There is a fenced in mobilehome that has 1 sign posted " US Goverment Property, no trespassing "

There are always people fishing, riding bikes, and swimming in the ponds.

CdwJava

Because there are people there does not mean it is legal to enter the property.

What section were you cited for? Some sections require posting, others might not. What was the specific code section you were accused of?

- carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">