• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

criminal trespassing, help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

skaterjenjen

What is the name of your state?TX
I was recently arrested for criminal trespassing into a skatepark and now I need to go to court. I am not sure what my options are. I am guilty because I was in there. Is plea-ing no contest and guilty the same thing? will I be able to get this off my record. It is a class B misdeamenor. ANy help is appreciated.

Well if you plead guilty you automatically lose.

For most purposes pleading guilty and no contest are the same, the only time it is really different is if there will be a civil trial (lawsuit) later.

If there is, then a guilty plea can be used as evidence against you, where as pleading no contest cannot be used as evidence against you.

I'm not too up on the laws regarding tresspassing, however if you provide more details I'm sure other people would be able to help.

Was this private property? Were there signs that said no tresspassing or were you told previously not to trespass? Were there fences that you had to jump over to get in?

Just my opinion but I personally would never plead guilty right off the bat, I would plead not guilty and then see what kind of plea bargain the prosecutor would give you to avoid a trial.

skaterjenjen

Well actually it was city property, there were small signs and yes I jumped a fence to get in. But the lights were on and I wasnt doing anything wrong besides skating. I think I am screwed Im not even sure if it's worth getting a lawyer over.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">