• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Criminal trespassing- non trafic citation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kimmyk

Me and some freinds were exploring a old abandoned police complex. We got out of the property didn't do anything besides look around and we're "pulled over" by two cop cars as we were getting in our car to drive (we were parked at a nearby neighborhood ). They asked us if we were at the building and we reluctantly said yes as I did not want them to search the car. He left came back and said he was giving us a nontraffic citation in the mail and that we could leave. However what we did not violate the "purpose" part of a simple trespassing. Yet I know we could have got a worse crime as there were signs stating no trespassing. Can fighting a citation lead them to reevaluating and giving a stiffer penalty or could I get out of this as I did not trespass in the definitional sense of the summary offense.

quincy

Me and some freinds were exploring a old abandoned police complex. We got out of the property didn't do anything besides look around and we're "pulled over" by two cop cars as we were getting in our car to drive (we were parked at a nearby neighborhood ). They asked us if we were at the building and we reluctantly said yes as I did not want them to search the car. He left came back and said he was giving us a nontraffic citation in the mail and that we could leave. However what we did not violate the "purpose" part of a simple trespassing. Yet I know we could have got a worse crime as there were signs stating no trespassing. Can fighting a citation lead them to reevaluating and giving a stiffer penalty or could I get out of this as I did not trespass in the definitional sense of the summary offense.
What is the name of your state, Kimmyk?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">