• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Criminal Trespassing Third Degree

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Troubled628

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY
Violation of NY Penal Law Section 140.10

Hello,

I am 18 years old and I was arrested for trespassing a high school. I am an alumni there and I wanted to visit the school, but I did not go through the security's desk, but instead, went through a side door, asking a student there to open it for me. I entered the building in this manner twice, but I did not do anything harmful inside but talk to old teachers and friends. I qualified for a New York DAT (Desk Appearance) for a later date because it was my first time being arrested.

Will the case most possibly be dismissed, or will I be fined, given a jail sentence, or given a community service order? What does it mean if I have given either of these? Does it mean that it will still appear on my record? Should I seek a lawyer for my case?

Also, in what circumstances will I be able to expunge my criminal records, including my fingerprints, and if so, how? What is the NY youth offender age? How do criminal records work? Who will be able to see them? Will future employers doing criminal record searches be able to see them? What should I say if a question on an application asks if I have ever been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor?

I am really nervous about the case and would appreciate any help or advice possible. Thank you!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">