• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

crimminal possesion of marijuana (1st offense)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nycone

What is the name of your state? NY

Hi, I was arrested for criminal possesion of marijuana last month and I have a court date in a couple of weeks for these charges and I was curious as to what to expect. This is my first offense, I have never been arrested before and I am kind of scared to have a misdemeanor on my record. I do take responsibility, as I am an adult but I will be applying for phd programs in a couple years in psychology (currently I am in the MA program in psychology) and I know a misdemeanor charge can affect my chances of getting in, as well as, in the future. I need some advice. Would I need a lawyer? Should I try to plead guilty to unlawful possession or just plead not guilty. What can I expect if I am found guilty of criminal possesion. Thank you very much.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

nycone said:
What is the name of your state? NY

Hi, I was arrested for criminal possesion of marijuana last month and I have a court date in a couple of weeks for these charges and I was curious as to what to expect. This is my first offense, I have never been arrested before and I am kind of scared to have a misdemeanor on my record. I do take responsibility, as I am an adult but I will be applying for phd programs in a couple years in psychology (currently I am in the MA program in psychology) and I know a misdemeanor charge can affect my chances of getting in, as well as, in the future. I need some advice. Would I need a lawyer? Should I try to plead guilty to unlawful possession or just plead not guilty. What can I expect if I am found guilty of criminal possesion. Thank you very much.

My response:

Read this - - here's what you can "expect." Perhaps WinD can help you.

Click here: https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=264054

IAAL

Curt581

hdianne said:
Just ignore i am always liable. He is just a family law attorney not a criminal defense attorney.
Whereas YOU are a criminal defense attorney?

Or a lawyer of ANY kind?

hdianne

Curt581 said:
Whereas YOU are a criminal defense attorney?

Or a lawyer of ANY kind?
No, I never claimed to be :rolleyes:
But I also don't claim to be some rich, knowlegeable atty who can't answer one dang crimal law question.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

hdianne said:
No, I never claimed to be :rolleyes:
But I also don't claim to be some rich, knowlegeable atty who can't answer one dang crimal law question.

My response:

I don't NEED to answer criminal law questions, lady! I look at the criminal law forums so I can get a laugh or TEN! I read criminal posts, and I just shake my head wondering how you idiots go on from day to day. How do you live your lives? Do you go through life on the edge, scamming, and making believe the laws exist for others and not you?

You idiots crack me up!

IAAL

hdianne

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

I don't NEED to answer criminal law questions, lady! I look at the criminal law forums so I can get a laugh or TEN! I read criminal posts, and I just shake my head wondering how you idiots go on from day to day. How do you live your lives? Do you go through life on the edge, scamming, and making believe the laws exist for others and not you?

You idiots crack me up!

IAAL
I love getting you all bent out of shape. That cracks me up.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">