• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Damn, I think i messed up!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

t_airriah

What is the name of your state? pa

I am currently going to trial for an aggravated assault on a police officer, which is the lone charge left from my original police report. I had about fifteen other charges suppressed. Anyhow i went to trial for the assault yesterday (which was postponed once prior because of the officers' failure to appear). The officer failed to appear again, at which case the DA offered me a plea bargain to Resisting Arrest. At the time of the offer I had the wrong people in my ear telling me that the cop obviously doesn't want to show up and that if we come back one more and he doesn't show up again then the judge will just throw the case out. I listened, refused the plea bargain, and now the case has been postponed again. My question is: can a plea bargain be accepted once it's been turned down and the case resheduled? if possible i would like to take the plea now. i know it's probably unlikely but please can somebody let me if this is possible or not. I know i'm an ediot for not taking the offer and i'll probaly be kicking myself until the next hearing. Thanks in advance.

garrula lingua

See if your atty can call the Prosecutor right away.
If the subpoenas haven't gone out for the cop witnesses & the Prosecutor hasn't put very much time in preparing for trial, s/he may allow the plea bargain.

The most imp thing is for your atty to call ASAP; given your prior unsureness, your atty may want your desires in writing, or may figure you should just go to trial.
(trial/no, plea/ no, trial/no, plea ... this is a malpractice suit waiting for the unsuspecting def atty)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">