• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dating Probation Officer and Expunged Record

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

smutlydog

What is the name of your state? TX

Dating Probation Officer and Expunged Record

I went out on a date with a female probation officer that I met in class (graduate school). I know that law enforcement officers have access to expunged records but could this lady push a few buttons on a computer at work and get access to that kind of information?

Also I will graduate in spring with a master’s degree in counseling. I am assuming that some of these government places that seek out people with this type of degree might have this kind of access as well. True or false? For example some of these substance abuse treatment centers are actually part of the probation departments. Technically I am not disqualified even if they do access this information. I just don’t want my privacy invaded if it can be avoided.

CdwJava

If she dug far enough (and wanted to risk prosecution for misuse of computer telecommunications systems and records systems for personal use) she coul dprobably dig up a history of your arrest or prosecution at the local level if not at the state level. But, why would she do this?

Employers might do background checks, and certain employers might even have access to criminal records, but if it is expunged I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Don't stress.

- Carl

smutlydog

thanks, now I feel better

This lady wouldn't do anything that involved breaking the law.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">