• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

death threat

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gry_lion

What is the name of your state? New York

This will be an involved description, please only read and respond if you're seriously willing to help.

I am an 18 year old male. The other night, out of anger, I threatened the life of my mother. I grabbed a pair of scissors and preceded to hold them to her neck, there was no visible skin breakage. After that, I threw the scissors down, and began to choke her neck, again no visible abrasions. I then stormed out of the house and walked to a freinds house for the night. This was a very juvinille act, but nonetheless, I will not be tried as a juvinile. The police were not contacted that night, but they may have been contacted the next day. Does this matter? Please, any information regarding possible charge and possible police actions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you vey much.

gry_lion said:

This will be an involved description, please only read and respond if you're seriously willing to help.

I am an 18 year old male. The other night, out of anger, I threatened the life of my mother. I grabbed a pair of scissors and preceded to hold them to her neck, there was no visible skin breakage. After that, I threw the scissors down, and began to choke her neck, again no visible abrasions. I then stormed out of the house and walked to a freinds house for the night. This was a very juvinille act, but nonetheless, I will not be tried as a juvinile. The police were not contacted that night, but they may have been contacted the next day. Does this matter? Please, any information regarding possible charge and possible police actions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you vey much.
If your mom hasn't filed charges yet, why don't you contact her and try to work things out before she does?

HomeGuru

gry_lion said:

**A: I hope your Mom did call the police and the DA filed charges. And it does not matter if the police were called that night or the next day.
You are in deep sh*t and rightly so. That's why some people say stay in school and get a college degree.

CdwJava

What you describe is NOT a "juvenile act" - it is a violent act! Acting juvenile would have been to throw a tantrum and cuss her out ... to attack your mom with scissors and then strangle her are characteristics of someone with a serious set of problems! These are NOT normal acts!

If you go to jail I hope you get the counseling and therapy you desperately need.

- Carl

HomeGuru

racer72 said:
Death threat? How about attempted murder charges. 20 years to life.....

**A: yes, how one sided and watered down the post was "no visible skin breakage, no visible abraisions..."

G

GanjaSavesLives

gry_lion said:

You have issues hommie! seek help! that is not normal behavior what you did to your poor mother! someone should seriously kick you around to set you straight. sounds like youre a spoiled brat. im not trying to start an argument, but its shocking to hear some 18yr old punk is threating his mothers life with a deadly weapon. if i was your neighbor, you would not let off that easy! i hope your mother does press charges because you seriouly need a REALITY CHECK!

mycarlb

That has to be one of the MOST violent acts I have heard of on this board... that is your MOTHER... the woman who brought you into this world... I don't care what she said or did, any normal, sane person would never even think of threatening their mom with a pair of scissors, strangling them!!! And the way you "shoo-shoo'd" it away by saying you left no marks... you are very psychotic! I hope and pray your mom prosecutes to the fullest extent of the law... and you need to be in some intensive psychotherapy!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">