• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Deface/Damage Public Property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Deface/damage Public Property

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

California - Carl, I know you know. My neighbor/cop drilled 2 holes in the gutter concrete in front of his house. He put threaded studs in and installed a vertical metal plate which he secured with hex nuts. The Public Works Dept. came out to his house, had a discussion, removed the plate and studs and "began an investigation." This act was witnessed and was clearly done by the neighbor. I doubt he would deny doing it.

This is clearly, by any interpretation of the English language, a violation of the municipal code and the CA Penal Code. It was deliberate and malicious in that the "law" was ignored by an off-duty, "sworn police officer." I think the damages will likely be under $400.

Should the neighbor be cited by the city and/or arrested and prosecuted for vandalism and defacement of public property? The same laws are enforced vigorously against graffiti and tagging even if the writing is just a small gang logo.

outonbail

Damn, are you still having neighbor problems with this cop?

You guys must have had more action than the Hatfield & McCoys by now,,,,,

Just out of curiosity, how much time, aggravation and money has this neighbor from Hell battle cost you so far?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">