• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

defamation and harassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mar2mar2000

What is the name of your state?[

What is the name of your state? Missouri

Police are using a 6yr old arrest to oppress and bar me from employment. This is in retaliation for reporting them to internal affairs and for downloading and passing out flyers for "copwatch" As a result of this I have been driven into chronic homelessness chronic unemployment isolation and unecessary hardship. I have been cut off from family friends and all resources to get help. I am stuck in this situation with no way out.The arrest was a situation where I did 11 days in county jail and community service. I could see if I did prison time. I have never been to prison. I had no problems with police in over 20 yrs prior to this arrest. Cause I am poor I can not get any help! In order for me to remedy the situation such as expungement or whatever needs to be done I need to work. I had no problems getting work until I came to Kansas city Mo where I live now. I have lived here one year and have worked one month! Can they legally bar me from working? I can not get any job at all here not even minimum wage. I am enduring a lot of hardship because of this. What can i do to stop them?

CdwJava

mar2mar2000 said:
Police are using a 6yr old arrest to oppress and bar me from employment.
How are they doing this? Are they following you around and telling every prospective employer that you were arrested 6 years ago?

The problem is, if it is true then it's not libel or slander, and since it's public record it is not likely illegal. If yuo can show that they are going out of their way to single YOU out, then you might have some kind of civil action against them ... if you can find an attorney to take it.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">