• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Denied bond

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Montearia

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia
Will my boyfriend receive a bond

Hello my phone was stolen from work and when my phone was tracked a certain house popped up so my boyfriend goes over to the house and was banging on the door it was around 12am and then he left well long story the owner of the house pressed charges because she has him on camera banging on the door well he was charged with criminal trust pass and simple assault and was asked to turn himself in well once he denied he was denied a bail and was told that he had to appear in court the week of which will be this upcoming Tuesday is there any way he will get a bond ?

Eekamouse

Hello my phone was stolen from work and when my phone was tracked a certain house popped up so my boyfriend goes over to the house and was banging on the door it was around 12am and then he left well long story the owner of the house pressed charges because she has him on camera banging on the door well he was charged with criminal trust pass and simple assault and was asked to turn himself in well once he denied he was denied a bail and was told that he had to appear in court the week of which will be this upcoming Tuesday is there any way he will get a bond ?
He got arrested for simply banging on a door? Who did he assault? The door? Or did you leave a lot of details out?

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
...is there any way he will get a bond ?
We don't read minds here. If he is going to court on a criminal charge then he should be speaking with his lawyer.

Since you were not there you have no idea what really happened, so it's pretty useless for us to ask you any questions.

Again, your boyfriend needs an attorney.

quincy

The owner of the house cannot "press charges." The owner of the house can file a complaint with the police, the police will investigate and it will be up to the prosecutor to decide if any charges will be pursued against your boyfriend.

Apparently the police found reason to charge your boyfriend, although I am not really sure why he was charged with criminal trespass and simple assault for banging on a door, even in the early morning hours.

Was he arrested, or did he turn himself in? Was he then released?

Last edited:

justalayman

Is this the counterpoint to the thread where some guy was scared the people would come back and break in after following their iPhone to his address? If I recall there was some sounds of mysterious origin emanating from the second floor apartment that the op speculated might have been the landlord preparing the unit for tenancy but was surely suggestive the noise maker was likely the IPhone thief.

Montearia

The owner of the house cannot "press charges." The owner of the house can file a complaint with the police, the police will investigate and it will be up to the prosecutor to decide if any charges will be pursued against your boyfriend.

Apparently the police found reason to charge your boyfriend, although I am not really sure why he was charged with criminal trespass and simple assault for banging on a door, even in the early morning hours.

Was he arrested, or did he turn himself in? Was he then released?
They had a warrant for his arrest and then he turned himself in but the next day when he went to court he was denied his bond

Montearia

Is this the counterpoint to the thread where some guy was scared the people would come back and break in after following their iPhone to his address? If I recall there was some sounds of mysterious origin emanating from the second floor apartment that the op speculated might have been the landlord preparing the unit for tenancy but was surely suggestive the noise maker was likely the IPhone thief.
No it's not

quincy

They had a warrant for his arrest and then he turned himself in but the next day when he went to court he was denied his bond
So before your boyfriend had a chance to be picked up on a warrant, he turned himself into the police. He was jailed and he is still in jail?

Has he hired an attorney yet? It appears he needs to.

I still am not clear of the reasons behind his arrest and charges. Why criminal trespass and why simple assault? Perhaps knowing this will help us understand everything else a bit better.

justalayman

was he actually denied bond or was it simply not addressed?

if the latter, then somebody familiar with the courts involved should research the rules and laws of the local courts to determine if bond is set at some subsequent hearing.

if the first, then either there is a problem with the courts (bond cannot be denied but for certain reasons) or there is something about him where the court refused to set bail/bond due to some serious concern about his dependability in regards to showing up for court.

You need to provide more details to receive much of anything regarding a helpful answer.

quincy

So he got arrested for assaulting an inanimate object. That makes sense.
There is certainly something that seems to be missing from this tale Montearia tells, huh? :)

It is possible that Montearia has not been told all by her boyfriend or he has fudged the facts a bit.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Hmmm, as I said she was not there and has no way of really knowing what happened.

Her original question was whether BF would get bond and that question has now been answered.

quincy

No I did not leave out any details.
Montearia, I first wanted to thank you for the "friend request." It has always been my policy on this forum to not accept these requests, but I always appreciate the nice gesture.

There are several reasons why your boyfriend could be denied bail, which is why we need more details. It is possible for a judge to deny bail, for example, if your boyfriend is currently on probation or if he could be considered a flight risk or if he is a repeat offender or if the charges are serious ones. I do not understand the charges he is facing or what exactly led up to them, so it is hard to tell if the judge will allow his release.

He appears to be in need of an attorney, though. If you want to help him, perhaps you can assist in paying for one to consult with him and then represent him on Tuesday.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">