• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Denied employment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

Wanttomakeit

I currently reside in the state of Georgia and I was recently denied employment on the basis of a Consumer report. The report was conducted by Peoplewise reporting agency. I was covicted of a misdemeanor in June of 2000. I was given one year probation and allowed the first offender plea. After the completion of my probation in June of 2001, I was then exonerated of all criminal charges and mailed a letter stating that I can not be denied employment based of this charge. When contacted by the would be employer, they stated that I was denied employment solely on this basis and falsifying information on the application. The application read "Have you ever been convicted of a misdemeanor/felony or do you have any pending court cases." Fortunately, I do not have any pending cases and because I was exonerated from all charges involving the previous case I do not have any convictions. Can this happen?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">