• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Detective called me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ethanwa79

What is the name of your state? Washington State

OK a detective called me on Thursday at work and left a message on my work phone. I live in Washington State. He says "Hi Ethan this is Detective so-so from the so-and-so County Sheriffs Department. Can you give me a call when you get a chance? Thank you"

I have a previous felony in computer related crimes, but that was 6 years ago. I was arrested by the FBI, not the County or State. I think the reason a County cop is calling me is because I live in a city that doesn't have detectives of it's own, so it relies on the County cops for help. Why did he call my work phone and not my cell phone? Why didn't he come to my house and just knock on the door and maybe leave his card?

Anway, I'm scared and I don't want to talk to any cops. But I'm also affraid that if I call him he's going to want me to come down and do an "interview" and then he'll try to hassle me about stuff (which I don't need right now, my wife is 8 months pregnant). I also don't want him calling or coming to my workplace.

What should I do??? Not call him back?? Get a lawyer?? Ignore it???

Thanks

Ummmm..... Feeling guilty about something??? Maybe, if you have done nothing wrong, what's to worry about.... then again........................

tigger22472

ethanwa79 said:
Why did he call my work phone and not my cell phone? Why didn't he come to my house and just knock on the door and maybe leave his card?

**** When my crystal ball gets out of the shop I'll be sure to look that up for you? NO ONE here can answer that question!!

What should I do??? Not call him back?? Get a lawyer?? Ignore it???

If you ignore it then he won't go away and it will continue. If you have done something wrong and you know why they are calling then yes get a lawyer....

ethanwa79

I have nothing to hide. I gave him a call and left him a message. When he calls back I'll talk to him to see what he wants. I told him to call my cell if it's not work-related. If he wants me to come in for anything, even if it's something stupid, or even if he just wants to meet with me somewhere, I'm brining a lawyer.

I am just scared because I have been through the system and it's nerve racking. I don't like getting pulled over, I don't like talking to cops or detectives, and I don't like be questioned. The fact that I have a previous felony doesn't make a cop/detective feel any more trusting of me so I'm just overly cautious.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">