• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Didn't Follow Procedures??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Alabama
The preview function is broke. Please either edit your original post or post your question in this thread. :cool:
But for your edification:
http://alisondb.legislature.state.al.us/alison/codeofalabama/1975/14214.htm
http://alisondb.legislature.state.al.us/alison/codeofalabama/1975/13297.htm
http://alisondb.legislature.state.al.us/alison/codeofalabama/1975/12057.htm

Humored Mom

Lets Try Again!

My 18 yr old son and girlfriends stepfather got into a fight and were both arrested had to stay in for 12 hrs. Then if able allowed to bail out on a bond. They did and went home. I was kinda surprised to find out there wasn't a No Contact order placed especially since they live in same home. My son called later in the day to tell me 'David' had spoken to an attorney on a cpl issues . They were not mirandized and the police didn't call either of them a bondsman. Now I gave my son my opinion. However the attorney apparently informed them they had a strong case and should proceed and after they won this lawsuit and only then would they pay the attorney 40% of this ridiculously insane amount. I guess since I don't have a law degree David and my son will more than likely proceed. Your advice is GREATLY appreciated.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
My 18 yr old son and girlfriends stepfather got into a fight and were both arrested had to stay in for 12 hrs. Then if able allowed to bail out on a bond. They did and went home. I was kinda surprised to find out there wasn't a No Contact order placed especially since they live in same home. My son called later in the day to tell me 'David' had spoken to an attorney on a cpl issues . They were not mirandized and the police didn't call either of them a bondsman. Now I gave my son my opinion. However the attorney apparently informed them they had a strong case and should proceed and after they won this lawsuit and only then would they pay the attorney 40% of this ridiculously insane amount. I guess since I don't have a law degree David and my son will more than likely proceed. Your advice is GREATLY appreciated.
Tell them they watch too much television. What happens on TV is often over-dramatized and inaccurate to say the least. Domestic violence gets a time out in the county lockup; kind of like being thrown in the drunk tank. PFAs are not issued by LEO, but by courts, and often, they won't issue one without someone asking. :cool:

PaulMass

I would be more inclined to listen to the advice of an Alabama licensed attorney than a random internet know-it-all.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I would be more inclined to listen to the advice of an Alabama licensed attorney than a random internet know-it-all.
We've got third-hand information to work with. Any guess is as good as another in this situation.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
However the attorney apparently informed them they had a strong case...
Maybe I'm missing something here but a "strong case" for what exactly?

These two individuals were arrested and then were released pending a court appearance. And....? What's the issue?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">