• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Disorderly Conduct

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dawnao

What is the name of your state? GA

My 15 yr old daughter received a citation in Panama City Beach, FL last night for disorderly conduct. What does this mean? Is this a misdemeanor? Does she need to appear in court in FL or can this be handled over the phone? Does this charge go on her record? In GA they have strict teen driving laws and if a teen gets 4 points or more on their license they lose their license until they're 18 yrs old. Will this charge affect her license or insurance? I only spoke to the office over the phone and have very little info. I am confused as to what this charge means or what effect it will have on her or her license. Any advice/info would be appreciated. Thank you.

JETX

"My 15 yr old daughter received a citation in Panama City Beach, FL last night for disorderly conduct. What does this mean?"
*** This means that your daughter broke the law.
Florida statute:
877.03 Breach of the peace; disorderly conduct.
Whoever commits such acts as are of a nature to corrupt the public morals, or outrage the sense of public decency, or affect the peace and quiet of persons who may witness them, or engages in brawling or fighting, or engages in such conduct as to constitute a breach of the peace or disorderly conduct, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

"Is this a misdemeanor?"
*** Yes.

"Does she need to appear in court in FL or can this be handled over the phone?"
*** In court.

"Does this charge go on her record?"
*** Yes.

"In GA they have strict teen driving laws and if a teen gets 4 points or more on their license they lose their license until they're 18 yrs old. Will this charge affect her license or insurance?"
*** This is not a 'vehicle' violation and will usually not affect licensing, however some states recognize that driving is a privilege and not a right and can restrict the privilege for the persons stupid conduct.

Just curious.... what was your FIFTEEN year old daughter doing in Florida (apparently without mature supervision) during spring break anyway???

dawnao

She is there with a friend and her friend's parents and apparently not being supervised. They are actually staying in Destin. I am still not clear as to how she and her friend got to Panama City. Thanks for answering my post.

HomeGuru

dawnao said:
She is there with a friend and her friend's parents and apparently not being supervised. They are actually staying in Destin. I am still not clear as to how she and her friend got to Panama City. Thanks for answering my post.
**A: then damn it find out. Ot fly there and pick her up today.

O

oberauerdorf

I have to strongly agree with HG....This is YOUR daughter and the people she is with are not legally responsible.

So, get off your ass and go get her. She is obviously not old enough or responsible enough to stay out of trouble. And the same can be said for the "Adults" she is with.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">