• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Disorderly conduct:first offence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

oh_manoj

What is the name of your state?Illinois

My problem is that I was arrested on Saturday night, for being drunk and arguing with the the aptt security person. he called the cops and got me arrested. Only reason, I think I acted that stupid was, because of alcohol. so, i have decided to take that item out of my life.
but, since i am charged with disorderly conduct, 720 ILCS 5/26 1a1, I am to appear in the court on 7th September. This is my first ever offence, not even a traffic violation. I have a good job, i am 29 years old, an engineer. work for a big company in downtown chicago. which means that i have a lot to loose if this leaves a bad mark on my record. The day I got out from jail, I went to the apartment office, apologized to the manager their, about the incident.
I have always been a good citizen, but, this incident is the worst and most shameful thing in my life.
Please suggest me the best course of action, and what are the possible outcomes. Also, what should I look for while hiring a lawyer?
Your response is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">