• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Distorted Justice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kpc1609

I live in the state of Maryland from the county Harford County. I myself am not going thru this predicament. My current girlfriend and partner has a son who I have known both for more than 28 years. He like many of us have had minor issues with the law growing up. This began about 3 years ago when her son was dating a woman around the same age. They ended in having a male child. It was a rough pregnancy. He was premature. One of the reason's are she was a user of heroin and was as she proclaimed on a substitute call suboxone which by medical standards is used to help with withdrawing from heroin. Regardless from what I understand she has been taking suboxone for 7 years. Onto the real reason why I'm on here. The relationship had been always turbulent. He was recently incarcerated for violating his probation for stating to his probation officer that he had no right as a parent and everything she said and done was used against him. This probation stems for false accusations of domestic abuse. Both had called 911 during the altercation. She had no signs of abuse except maybe a minor broken fingernail. He on the other hand had multiple severe scratches over his face and bleeding scratches on his neck and chest. Result was the district attorney dropped all charges against her and decided to prosecute him for domestic abuse. Even the arresting officers were flabbergasted from the results. I recall 6 month prior to this situation he had severe scratches on his face from left to right that were fairly severe as well as across his chest. He said it was accident from work but later confessed she had done this. In a conversation with his probation officer he said I might as well commit suicide with the way this is all going he stated to her. Immediately his probation officer contacted his girlfriend and told her to file a restraining order against him? This all began approximately 3 years ago after she had their son. She professed to him she had been taking birth control and later recanted saying she purposely stop taking birth control to have a child because no one would love someone like her meaning an reformed addict.
Agreements were made concerning shared custody. Over the years things became a little more difficult for him. A string of bad luck with psychopathic attorneys that made his situation worse, example lying about filing certain papers on deadlines required for his case etc... She recently had filed that restraining order barring him rights to any custody of his son. Just to clarify my standing and many other opinions of his multiple therapist as a result of this relationship that the verdict does not warrant the degree of punishment bestowed on him ranging from 6 months to several years of incarceration for this offense which he was falsely accused of. In short this goes on and on in this county to innocent young men and somehow change.

quincy

... I myself am not going thru this predicament ... Over the years things became a little more difficult for him. A string of bad luck with psychopathic attorneys that made his situation worse ...
You can help your girlfriend's son find an attorney who is not psychopathic (I assume some exist in Maryland) and you can help pay for the cost of this attorney.

Otherwise, I do not see anything you can do.

kpc1609

Distorted Justice Cont'd

He currently has an Attorney's who are good attorney's but the ruling of the presiding judge in the case ruled out any testimony and evidence in the case. Would not let the defense enter any evidence of proof of his innocence. Even the officers in the arrest had said and will testify in the case have said some of the things the Probation officer had divulged to the X-girlfriend were illegal. Posing no threat to either or any parties. Additional information. My girlfriends son has had learning disability since has accident around age 5. He had a severe brain injury. Submission of any of his health records were and not being taken into consideration. If you search many and I mean many cases in Harford County, Maryland Circuit Court you undoubtedly fine countless questionable cases.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
He currently has an Attorney's who are good attorney's but the ruling of the presiding judge in the case ruled out any testimony and evidence in the case. Would not let the defense enter any evidence of proof of his innocence. Even the officers in the arrest had said and will testify in the case have said some of the things the Probation officer had divulged to the X-girlfriend were illegal. Posing no threat to either or any parties. Additional information. My girlfriends son has had learning disability since has accident around age 5. He had a severe brain injury. Submission of any of his health records were and not being taken into consideration. If you search many and I mean many cases in Harford County, Maryland Circuit Court you undoubtedly fine countless questionable cases.
If he's got a good attorney, then why are you here? It boggles the mind...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">