• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do airlines or TSA arrest you for child support bench warrant ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

darklightning

Hi, i have a question. I receive a letter from the department of child support saying that i have a debt of $3100 and im going to be flying Monday from nv to cal and then from lax to Florida. I was just wondering if airlines ( in particular american airlines) or TSA Does background checks or something whit your id when you check in ? Can i be arrested on the spot?

CdwJava

No, the airlines and the TSA are not going to be running warrants checks on you. If you are flagged for some reason, then law enforcement may be notified ... but, otherwise, no.

FlyingRon

The airlines can't arrest anybody. The worst they can do is deny you to fly if you're on a do not fly lis is deny you boarding. The TSA doc checkers are just checking to make sure the airline properly screened you and your identity matches (plus some other dubious psycological profiling). The TSA can't arrest anybody either, just deny you access to the secure area and call the local LEO. The local LEO *CAN* arrest you.

I'm pretty sure, as cdw says, that bench warrants aren't going to get you on the no fly list.

CourtClerk

Now if you happen to travel internationally, that's a horse of a completely different color, so stay in the US because your passport has been revoked (if you have one).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">